Start your day with a taste of bliss by indulging in Peach Pancakes with Marsala Rose Butter Sauce. This mouthwatering breakfast treat combines the delicate sweetness of peaches, the fluffy goodness of pancakes, and the luxurious touch of Marsala rose butter sauce.
There’s nothing quite like starting your morning with a breakfast that tantalizes your taste buds. Peach Pancakes with Marsala Rose Butter Sauce is a delectable dish that effortlessly combines the natural sweetness of peaches, the comforting fluffiness of pancakes, and the luxurious richness of Marsala rose butter sauce. Get ready to savor the flavors of this heavenly breakfast delight.
I like to make something special on Wednesday mornings because Spane goes to school late on Wednesdays. Spane wanted pancakes, and as I looked in the pantry to get the ingredients out, I spied a can of peaches. I love peaches, and I especially like them with rose preserve and Marsala.
Rose preserves are made from real rose petals and sugar. Roses taste like they smell, and they are very good for you. They have lots of vitamin C, so I try to cook with roses, or drink rose juice during flu season. I’m staying healthy! You can usually find rose preserves at Mediterranean markets, or you can purchase rose preserves online at Amazon or other food websites. They are also delightful on ice cream and a variety of other desserts. Don’t be afraid of eating flowers, they taste good, and they’re good for you!
Keep the pancakes warm in a tortilla warmer. Don’t have a tortilla warmer? Put the pancakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a very low oven, about 200 degrees. Of course, if you cannot find rose preserves, you can dust the pancakes with powdered sugar and serve them with your favorite syrup.
If you purchase any of the products through these affiliate links, I get a few pennies that help keep The Good Plate open. I use these products myself and want you to be able to easily find them.
— Peaches —
- 8 oz peaches, canned and drained
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Mace
— Pancakes —
- 1 ½ cup Flour
- 3 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup Milk
- 3 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower oil, for oiling the pan
— Sauce —
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Marsala
- 2 tablespoon Rose preserve
- If you do not have a tortilla warmer, pre-heat the oven to 225 and have ready a baking sheet.
- 8 oz peaches, 2 tablespoon Sugar, 1/4 teaspoon MacePut the peaches into a small food processor and liquefy them. Put them in a small pot with the sugar and mace. Cook them on low, stirring often until they have softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3 tablespoon ButterMeanwhile, melt the butter that you will need for the batter and sauce.
- 1 1/2 cup Flour, 3 teaspoon Baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt, 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla, 1 1/4 cup Milk, 1 EggCombine sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Put that in a medium bowl. Add the vanilla, hot peach mixture, and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter. Stir to cool, then add the egg so it won’t scramble. Mix well, then start adding the milk. You may have to add more or less depending on how much liquid you got from the peaches. The batter should be not so thick that it clumps, and not so thin that it’s runny. If you add too much milk, add some more flour.
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower oilHeat a skillet to medium, and put a thin layer of sunflower oil in the pan. Whirl it around to coat the whole pan. Use a ladle to put one ladle full of batter in the skillet, spreading it around a bit. Cook until the top is bubbling and the sides have lifted up a bit, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1 minute. Put in the tortilla warmer, or on the baking sheet in the oven. Cook the rest of the batter.
- 1 tablespoon Butter, 1 tablespoon Marsala, 2 tablespoon Rose preserveWhen all the batter has been made into pancakes, put the Marsala and rose preserves into the pan with the remaining melted butter. Turn the heat to medium and stir continuously until the sauce starts to boil. Remove from the heat.
- Immediately plate the pancakes and drizzle the hot butter sauce over them.