Last Updated on April 16, 2022
Air-Fried Tuna Steak Salad will be on your list for favorite summer salads. The tuna stays moist and flavorful with less fat. The citrus vinaigrette is sweet and tart – party time for your mouth
This recipe is a take-off on Broiled Ahi Tuna with Balsamic Reduction. I thought making a salad out of it would be a great idea.
You can add or subtract just about anything from the salad. If you don’t like Romaine, use Butter lettuce or Red lettuce instead. If you don’t like cabbage, you can omit that, too. Can’t find shaved parmesan? Use grated parmesan instead. I like fruit in salad, so I opted for dried cherries, but dried cranberries or raisins would be just as good. I happened to have wonton strips on hand when I made this, but if you would rather use croutons, please feel free. We like sun-dried tomatoes with herbs, so you can use buy them or make them yourself.
For the Air-Fried Tuna Steak and Oranges
You really do want to use ahi tuna for this. It broils up very nicely, similar to a steak. In the air-fryer, it cooks quickly with no added fat. Ask your fishmonger to pick out a nice piece. To season the tuna, you can’t get any better than Mis’ Rubin’s Fish Magic seasoning.
If you have never had a blood orange, you might be surprised when you cut it open. They are very sweet and the flesh is deep red in color. The juice looks like blood, hence the name, blood orange. Popular in Europe for a very long time, they are in season from December to May. Of course, they are just as good out of hand as they are in a salad. You could even get an extra one and put pieces of it in the salad, too. Enjoy!
- 3 ounces Ahi Tuna, broiled
- ½ teaspoon Mis Rubins Fish Magic
~~ Dressing ~~
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 blood orange, juiced
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
~~ Salad ~~
- 1 head romaine
- ½ cup cabbage, chopped
- 2 Red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan, shaved
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried cherry
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup wonton strips
- Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the tuna and set aside.
- Chop the ingredients, except the avocado, for the salad and put them together in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing. Set the avocado aside.
- Put the tuna steak in the air fryer at 400 for 8 minutes. Remove it and let it rest for about 10 minutes, then slice it thinly.
- Put the salad on a nice platter and put the tuna slices on the top in the middle. Put the avocado slices on top of the salad as well.
Pingback: quick microwave grilled tuna bake recipe – Microwave Recipes
Pingback: how to cook ahi tuna in microwave – Microwave Recipes
Pingback: how to cook tuna steaks in the microwave – Microwave Recipes