Oreo Wafer Cake is a wonderful no-bake cake using wafers, chocolate cream cheese filling, and a cream cheese frosting studded with Oreos.
This is an amazing cake to make. Since it’s no-bake, it’s a snap. Anyone who is an Oreo lover will like this cake.
It’s a no-bake because it is made with wafer sheets. You can buy wafers in International stores that specialize in goods from Europe. I have also been able to find them on Amazon. They are very versatile and you can use a variety of fillings. I really like wafer cakes in the summer when I don’t feel like getting my kitchen any hotter than it already is.
The filling is simple but special at the same time. It’s a mixture of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and Fiori di Sicilia. Fiori di Sicilia is a special extract used in pastry, especially Panetone. It has a flavor of vanilla, citrus, and herbs. If you cannot find it, you can add a bit more vanilla, but I highly recommend using this special extract.
The frosting is equally simple, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and broken-up Oreos. I happened to have Holiday Oreos dipped in white and dark chocolate, but you could use any Oreo you like.
Oreo Wafer Cake is Fun!
This cake is so much fun because you can make it in so many ways. You could use Lemon Oreos with a lemon filling, Hazelnut Oreos with Nutella filling, Peanut Butter with peanut cream cheese filling, and the list goes on. Oreo has a habit of making different flavors, so have fun with this cake.
- ½ package Tort Wafers
~~ — Filling — ~~
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 ounce Cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia
- ¾ cup Cocoa
- ¼ cup Cream, optional
~~ — Frosting — ~~
- 8 ounce Cream cheese
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Oreo cookies, broken up
- 5 Oreo cookies, reserved, cut in half
- The recipe here is for a half a sheet. Increase the filling and frosting ingredients if you are using the whole sheet.
- 1/2 package Tort WafersTo cut the sheet in half, keep it in its wrapper, turn it on its longest side and cut straight down the middle. Save the unused portion in a vacuum sealable bag. Remove the wrapping from the portion you are going to use.
- Set 5 Oreos aside and cut the in half. You will be using 9 halves, so have a treat for yourself. Break up about 4 more and set them aside for the frosting.
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk, 1/4 cup Cream, 1 teaspoon Vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia, 3/4 cup Cocoa, 1/4 cup Cream, 8 ounce Cream cheesePut the cream cheese in the stand mixer and beat it until it is nice and fluffy. Add the condensed milk and mix it thoroughly. Add half the cream and mix. Add vanilla and fiori di Sicilia and mix. Add the cocoa and mix. Check the consistency. If the mixture looks like thick frosting, then add the remaining cream.
- Spread some of the filling on one of the wafers using an offset spatula. Spead it out all the way to the edges. It does not need to be even. Put the wafer on the serving plate. Spread the filling on the rest of the wafers and stack them on top of each other. Leave the last wafter without any filling. Clean the stand mixer bowl.
- Top the last wafer with parchment paper and a heavy book, hopefully as large or larger than the wafer. You can add more heaving things on top to the book to weigh it down further. Set the cake aside with the weights for at least two hours.
- 8 ounce Cream cheese, 1/2 cup Powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon Vanilla, 4 Oreo cookiesPut the remaining cream cheese in the stand mixer and beat it until it is fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat. Add the broken Oreos to the bowl and continue beating until the pieces of Oreo are a little larger than a grain of rice.
- 5 Oreo cookiesSpread the frosting on the top layer all the way to the edges. Embed the split Oreos in the frosting in three rows of three Oreo halves each.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour before serving.
- Cut the cake either with a very sharp knife or with scissors.
Good afternoon and welcome to The Good Plate’s kitchen. Today we are making. an Oreo wafer cake and this is a no-bake cake and it’s can be very interesting very very tasty. So we have some special holiday oreos, and Fiori di Sicilia flavoring – just absolutely amazing. Cream cheese. Sweetened condensed milk. Hershey’s cocoa. Vanilla and these are wafer sheets. They are really amazing because they’re are already cooked. And all you have to do is put something inside of them. They’re kind of hard. So you need to put some kind of liquidy stuff in them which is what the sweetened condensed milk is going to be for. and they’re going weigh them and then we’re going to take the Oreos and we’re going to make beautiful frosting and it’s going to be an amazing amazing amazing birthday cake. Okay. let’s get started. Okay.
We’re back and now we’re going to make the filling that is going between those wafers and we’re going to start with Cream cheese. Regular cream cheese. You know – the good stuff. Up. And if you notice this is one of the newer paddles that has an edge scraper and these are great. Is he really. They scrape all the edges without you having to stop the machine all the time okay here we go to Stir Sorry for the noise! I’m going to add a can of sweetened condensed milk. Let’s see how that looks. Because the wafers are dry they need to absorb all this flavor. And as nice and pretty as this is, I’m going to add The quarter of a cup of cream to it. As well. Cup. There we go. That was exactly the viscosity I was looking for.
Alright, add some flavoring. Vanilla. This is Fiori di Sicilia and I’m probably pronouncing that wrong and I don’t have time to Google it, but you can if you want to. Any way this has a kind of beautiful citrusy flowery flavor it’s just amazing and a little tiny bit goes a really long way. So I’m only going to put an eigth of a teaspoon in. See it’s kind of a Golden kind of color. I said you don’t need much. So the next is going to be Hershey’s cocoa. This is plain Hershey’s cocoa. This is not a special dark. I am going to add a quarter of a cup. And another quarter of cup One more. So this will be three quarters of a cup. Of cocoa. Stop it. And add another quarter of a cup of cream. Go. Okay the filling is done. We’ll be back.
Okay. Time to put. The wonderful. Filling on. You can see this one had a little accident. It’s okay. It goes down at the bottom. And you just spread this around. Sure it gets all the way to the edges. And then, normally, I would put another layer on but this time, I’m just going to take it and hold it in my hand and do it that way. Little tiny bit easier. Spreading like toast. Again, all the way to the edges. It doesn’t have to be completely even. but you do want to get it all the way out to the edges. Are you can get dirty doing this? Yep. Probably. That’s okay. Alright. It goes on top of there. We’ll finish and we’ll be back.
There are seven layers in this cake and this is the last this is. The sixth layer and you could see how nice that is? Now we’re going to put the seventh layer on top. This layer does not get covered. And we’re going to press down. Okay. I have some parchment paper here that i’m going to put on top of this. And I’m going to put my favorite cookbook. Yes it’s the American women’s cookbook. 1942 wartime addition. It’s an amazing book. And I’m going to put that on there. And let it sit. It has to sit for about two hours. And then we can come back and we can frost it and decorate it and make it wonderful. So I’ll see you in about two hours.
Okay, it’s time to make the frosting for the cake and this is really really simple and. Just as just. The stand mixer. Just put the beater back in and this is just cream cheese with a little vanilla and powdered sugar. We don’t need a lot. We don’t need a lot of frosting here. And because the inside of the cake is very sweet, I’m not going to add very much of sugar to this cream cheese, only enough to get it stable. A half cup of powdered sugar. Let’s see how it goes. Put that up. Okay here we go. Add the vanilla That’s two teaspoons.
Now, because this is as I said earlier, this is Oreos so I have some special Holiday Oreos. These ones are covered with either white chocolate dark chocolate. And I’m just going to break them apart with my hands. Okay here we go. I’m letting the Kitchen-Aid do the hard work. We will be back to decorate it.
Okay so it’s been about two hours, and as you can see, our cake is ready to go. So nice and flat. and all we are going to do is spread this on top all the way to the edges. One of the great things about this particular kind of no-bake cake is there’s so many options. You may have seen my video that I did. With a wafer cake for Fourth of July. And it’s really great in the summertime because you don’t have to turn on your oven to cook this. So let’s make this kind of flat ish. And then I have special holiday oreos dipped in white and dark chocolate. I split them and their decorating the cake. This is the finished cake. Cut it with a sharp knife or even scissors. See you next time on The Good Plate.