Last Updated on April 16, 2022
How to make Clam Dip in a Braun Food Processor
One of the dips I am requested to make is this Clam Dip. Even people who don’t like seafood and shellfish like this. The only reason I don’t make it often is because it’s a pain to crush those clam pieces into the cream cheese and get enough liquid that it has the right consistency. You can work up a pretty good sweat doing that.
Then, I thought, why not give myself and the dip a break by making it in the food processor. It makes perfect clam dip in a few minutes.
Usually, I make small quantity things in the small bowl, but for this, I want to use the pastry blade and that only fits the large bowl. Drain the clam juice into a bowl, and pour enough in to get to dipping consistency, not all the juice, and give the rest of the juice to the family cat. She’ll love you even more!
You’ll find links to the seasonings I used below. Understand I do not get any compensation, just want you to be able to find what you need.
Let’s make Dip!
- 1 can chopped Clams
- 1 package Cream Cheese, softened
- dash Tabasco
- ¼ teaspoon dill freeze-dried
- ¼ teaspoon True Lemon
- Drain the clam juice into a bowl and set it aside.
- Using the pastry blade, put the clams, cream cheese, dill, and True Lemon in the food processor bowl.
- Pulse until it is all mixed. Slowly add a little of juice, process, and see if it is the correct consistency. If it is not, add more juice. Add a dash of Tabasco then taste for seasoning. If it needs more Tabasco, lemon or dill, add some now.
- Put the dip in a nice bowl and give the rest of the juice to the family cat.
Do I have to use a Braun? Can I do this in another food processor?
Of course, you can use another food processor! A small bowl is preferred. I did this by hand for years, so no processor, just mix it all by hand and make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
This was really yummy! Thanks!