Garlic Bread is easily made in the air fryer and will be the best garlic bread you have ever eaten. Its crunchy, garlic, and cheesiness is hard to resist.
Intense Garlic and Cheese Flavor
This garlic bread has intense flavor from fresh garlic and from Better than Bullion Garlic Base. The fresh garlic and garlic base give the spread an extra garlic flavor. You will find yourself using the base in some of my other recipes like Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad and Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes.
The other ingredient that makes this garlic bread special is cheddar cheese powder. It’s real cheddar cheese that has been turned into powder. I highly recommend getting the one from Hoosier Hill Farms available on Amazon. It’s the same powder that comes in a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese only it has more cheddar flavor. Do I occasionally sneak a spoonful of it? You betcha!
I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you to use real parmesan when you make this garlic spread. I like using shaved parmesan. Please don’t use the cheese that comes in a can.
Toast it in the Air Fryer
The worst part about making garlic bread is having to heat the oven so the top gets nice and crunchy. Garlic bread is especially good with salads. During the hot summer, when the salad is king, no one wants to heat their oven. You know what? An air fryer, especially the roaster style, does a great job of keeping the bread nice and crunchy without drying it out or burning it.
Using the Braun Small Food Processor
This garlic bread is even better when you use fresh butter that you make in the Braun food processor.
The spread is easy to make because it is made in a Braun food processor. No more crushing and mixing by hand, let the machine do it. To make the spread, you would use the small bowl that fits inside the larger one.
The Braun food processor shown here has a smaller bowl that fits in the larger one. It’s a little tricky at first, but if you follow these steps, it’s easy.
- Place the large bowl and lock it in place to the so handle that is in line with the lock. The machine won’t lock until the handle is in the correct place.
- Next, pick up the smaller bowl and look for the arrow which is imprinted on the outside top under the rubber gasket.
- Put the smaller bowl on the spindle and spin it around until it aligns with the arrow on the top outside of the larger bowl.
- Put the small blade in and secure it.
- Put the top on and remove the top from the feeder.
Now you are ready to use the small bowl of the food processor.
Let’s Make Garlic Bread
If you purchase any of the products through these affiliate links, I get a few pennies that help keep The Good Plate open. I use these products myself and want you to be able to easily find them.
- Mise en place
- 2 cloves GarlicPut the garlic in the bowl of a small food processor. Process it until the garlic is in very small pieces.
- 1/4 cup ButterAdd the butter and process that with the garlic for about 10 seconds.
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic base, 1/2 teaspoon Tuscan Sunset, 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese powder, 1 tablespoon ParmesanAdd the remaining ingredients and process until everything is mixed, about 20 seconds.
- Remove the spread from the food processor and put it in a covered container. You will probably not use all the spread at once, so you can keep the leftovers in the refrigerator.
- 2 French Demi BaguettesSlice the bread into four pieces of each baguette. then slice those pieces crosswise to have a total of 16 pieces. You will probably not be able to fit all the bread at the same time, so fit as many as you can on your air fryer rack and set the rest, covered, aside.
- Use an offset spatula the spread the butter mixture on top of each piece of bread. Include the ones you have set aside.
- Fit as many pieces of bread that will fit on your air fryer rack. Sprinkle more of the cheddar cheese powder lightly on each piece of bread.
- Put the bread into the air fryer at 400 °F for 5 minutes. When the toast has browned slightly and all the butter has melted, remove the toast from the air fryer and put in the next batch of bread as necessary.