Last Updated on October 11, 2021
Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad is quick to make using the food processor. Homemade croutons and shaved parmesan make it a great cold side dish.
I love Brussel sprouts, really I do. My favorite was steamed in the Instant Pot then tossed with balsamic butter. But, in the summer, sometimes hot food isn’t appetizing, so this salad does the trick. It’s easy to make using the food processor to shave the sprouts. If you don’t have a food processor, by all means, you can use pre-shaved Brussel sprouts.
It pairs well with
Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad Ingredients
I recommend using dark bread for the croutons. I happened to have some dark bread leftover from The Cheesecake Factory in the freezer and I used that. It was too moist for croutons, so I dried it out using my air fryer. If you don’t have an air fryer, you could put the cut-up bread in a 200 F / 93 C oven for about 30 minutes.
You are free, of course, the use whatever Caesar salad dressing you prefer. I recommend Cardini Caesar salad dressing not so much because it boasts about being the original dressing, but because it has excellent flavor. My second favorite is Girrard’s Caesar salad dressing. If you wish, you can make your own either with raw eggs, or you could use mayonnaise, garlic, anchovy paste, and parmesan. You can make this completely vegan by substituting vegan cheese and a vegan Caesar dressing.
This salad holds up very well and makes great leftovers. Because leafy vegetables in the cabbage family don’t break down very easily in oil, this lovely salad is good in the refrigerator for a few days without wilting. If you think you are going to have leftovers, set some of the croutons aside for later. You can add extra dressing later if you want. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts
~~ -- For the Croutons -- ~~
- Dark bread
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Garlic base
~~ -- For the Salad -- ~~
- ¼ cup Parmesan, shaved
- ¼ cup Cardini Caesar Dressing
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
- Mise En Place
- 1 clove GarlicSlice the garlic and set it aside.
- 12 ounces Brussels sproutsSlice the brussel sprouts in a food processor and set aside.
- Dark breadIf the bread is not stale enough, put it in the air fryer on dehydrate for 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon Butter, 1 clove Garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Garlic baseMelt butter in a saute pan and add the sliced garlic. Add the garlic base and saute until the garlic is translucent.
- Add the bread and toss to coat all the pieces in the butter,
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1/4 cup Cardini Caesar Dressing, 1/2 teaspoon Black pepperPut the sprouts in a nice bowl, add the parmesan and croutons. Crack pepper over that salad. You can toss at the table or before serving.