Deviled eggs are a treat in our house, and making them perfectly in the Instant Pot is so quick and easy, it will amaze you.
Usually, when I buy eggs, I only buy a dozen because there are only two of us and I don’t want them to go bad before we have a chance to eat them. We have a produce truck that comes to our neighborhood and he has milk, eggs, fruits, and vegetables on his truck. Our grocery store is almost a mile away, so we are very happy the vegetable man comes round with his goods. I bought 18 eggs because he only had the tray of 18. What do you do with 18 eggs? Why you make Deviled Eggs, of course.
How to Make Pretty Eggs
To keep eggs from overcooking and turning green, I boil them for 2 minutes then let them sit in the hot water for 20 minutes. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, this is the way to go because they will be perfectly done.
Let me tell you, the Instant Pot is great for this job. I was a little leary of a pressure cooker doing a good job of keeping the yolks in the middle of the whites as when boiling them, they tend to settle on the bottom and you have one white that is very thin, and the other half quite fat. Even worse, sometimes the white is so thin that it breaks and the person holding it gets a handful of egg yolk. That’s not fun or entertaining. Well, surprise, the Instant Pot, because the eggs are not moving around, the yolks don’t settle to the bottom, they are right in the center where they should be. They are perfectly cooked, nice and yellow and fluffy.
Let’s Make Deviled Eggs in the Instant Pot
I like to pipe the egg yolks into the whites. I think it makes a very nice presentation. If you want to do this, after attaching the end and coupler, put the piping bag in a tall glass so you can easily fill it. You will probably find you have a little of the stuffing still in the bag after filling all the whites. That’s okay, you worked hard, it’s for you – cook’s treat.
If you purchase any of the products through these affiliate links, I get a few pennies that help keep The Good Plate open. I use these products myself and want you to be able to easily find them.
- 10 Eggs, 1 cup waterPut the rack into your Instant pot, then put the eggs and 1 cup of water. Put the Pressure Cook to 5 minutes. Use the natural release method for about 5 minutes, then use quick release if the button has not gone down yet.
- Have a colander ready in your sink and take the eggs out using tongs. They will be very, very hot.
- Run them under cold water.
- Have your serving dish ready and a mixing bowl.
- Peel the eggs under the cold water. using the water to push the shells away. Again, be careful because they will still be pretty hot.
- Cut the eggs in half and use a small spoon to put the yolks in the mixing bowl and the whites on the serving tray.
- 1/4 cup Mayonaise, 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepperBreak the egg yolks up using either a potato masher or a fork. Mix the egg yolks with the mayonnaise, Aleppo pepper, and mustard. Taste for seasoning.
- You can pipe the egg yolks into the whites or use a small spoon and spoon the yolks in.
- When all the whites have been stuffed, put them in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon Chives, 1 teaspoon paprikaBefore serving, sprinkle them with chopped chives and paprika.