Recipes In This Post
Usually, on the Annual Cruise Night in Glendale, I usually cook up a bunch of Route 66 food, invite friends over, and then walk over to Cruise Night. This year was a little different, so only Spane and Amber’s children went. I didn’t have people over, but Spane and I both like chicken wings in the Nesco.
I decided to use my Nesco because it’s been really hot. This was so simple and did not heat up my kitchen at all. That’s a good thing!
I made a whole mess of wings, and we did not finish them all, so I put them in the refrigerator.
We had a great time at Cruise Night, Paul Revere and the Raiders were the headline band, and a good time was had by all.
Dead Like Me!
In the morning, when I woke up, it was already hot and I decided to put ice in my coffee. The ice was melted, and so was everything else! I couldn’t hear anything, so I assumed it was the compressor. I called Stevie and Amber and asked if I could put my food in their refrigerator, and barbecue all the meat. They said yes, so I took my big shopping cart, filled it, and brought it all over. I ate the leftover chicken wings for breakfast!
Amber, Stevie and I wound up watching Hoarders and getting frightened, then we watched Dead Like Me, and laughed, and then Spane and I came home.
Luckily, my neighbors were outside talking, and I when I told them what had happened, the one said he would take a look.
It turned out the knob in the freezer was in the off position. When he turned it, the refrigerator purred back to life! Thank God! Thank you, Mother Mary, for praying for us!
I’ll get the rest of my food back from Amber tomorrow!
- 2 pounds chicken drummettes
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 branch rosemary, leaves only
- 1/4 cup white wine
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- Preheat Nesco to 350.
- Put the rack in cook-well, then put in chicken, rosemary, and garlic.
- Pour over a little olive oil, and mix to coat.
- Then add the wine and put the cook-well into the Nesco.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- To make the sauces, divide the mayonnaise and put mustard in one, Chipotle in the other.
- Mix each thoroughly and place in nice dipping bowls.
- Arrange on the chicken wings on a nice serving platter with the dipping sauces.