Last Updated on August 25, 2019
Recipes in This Post
Here, for your pleasure and review are pictures of some of the food served at Spane’s eighth birthday party. There will be pictures of the actual Birthday Boy soon.
These Caribbean meatballs were quite the hit. Spane asked me to make them again. Recipe for Caribbean Pirate Meat Balls
These just looked so lovely. My original intent was just to have the banana slice and orange quarter, and Douglas came back from the store with these lovely red grapes. They made the dish!
- 4 oranges
- 2 Bananas
- 12 grapes
- Cut the oranges into quarters. Make twelve banana slices, each about 1/2 inch thick. Put a toothpick into the top of each orange quarter. Put a banana slice, and top with a grape. Serve on a nice, festive plate.
This cheese ball was very simple to make. It’s a good way to get rid of little bits of cheese, nuts and dried fruit you might have laying about.
- 1 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- ¼ lb Gorgonzola
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan , shaved
- 2 tablespoons Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- 2 teaspoons Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 can Pringles
- Reserve 2 walnuts to make the skull's teeth
- In a stand mixer, combine the cheeses, cranberries and remaining walnuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Cheeses in the mixer
- Put strips of wax paper on a nice serving dish to keep the dish clean. You will be removing it after decorating the skull.
- Shape the cheese ball into a skull, making impressions for the eyes and mouth.
- Pour black sesame seeds carefully into the eye sockets. Use the remaining walnuts for teeth.
- Remove the wax paper. Stick toothpicks about a quarter of the way into the cheese and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then remove the toothpicks and put Pringles around the skull to look like waves.
This is a great way to use up bits of cheese in your refrigerator.
1 The Parmesan works well with this, but is optional. If you are going to use Parmesan, don't use the kind that comes in the cardboard tube.
2 Plain Pringles look like waves when placed around the skull. They are optional. The chips are not sturdy enough to be used for the cheese but are there for decoration only.
These were a take-off on the Oreo Rum Balls I made, only these used white creme cookies, and had spice flavorings. Here is the recipe.
This is probably my favorite. In all the time I was thinking to myself, what could I stuff those cucumbers with, and then I thought egg salad would be good. As I removed the egg yolks from the whites, I realized that the whites would make proper sails, and the black olives were the Jolly Rogers. Here is the recipe for the Cucumber Boats.
I have a whole post about making this cake. It was really fun and everyone loved it!