My good friend gave me some tabouleh, easily the best I have ever had. We will be featuring that recipe soon. Anyway, what goes better with tabouleh than Greek Turkey Burgers and some curried couscous.
These burgers are great for the summer, on the outdoor grill, or on an indoor cast iron griddle. Use your favorite Feta cheese. There are many varieties available, my favorite is French. Of course, if you don’t like Feta cheese, you could substitute your favorite cheese instead. Don’t be afraid of putting mint, it’s not going to taste like a peppermint candy.
Let’s Make Greek Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Mint minced
- 1 Onion minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Turkish Seasoning
- 4 Hamburger buns toasted
- 2 tablespoon Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon Mayonaise
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon White pepper
- Mix together the turkey, mint, onion, and spice. Form into patties then refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Make the sauce by adding the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Grill the burgers either on a cast iron grill or on the outdoor grill. Cook on one side for 4 minutes, then turn and put the feta cheese on, cover and cook an additional 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Toast the buns on the grill.
- Put some sauce on each bun, then put the patties and any additional toppings you might like.