California BLT Salad with Justice Dressing is a delightful salad for the summer. It’s bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado served with a delightful oniony dressing.
I had planned on making a simple California BLT salad for dinner when my package of Justice Seasoning from Penzey’s arrived. I opened the jar to smell it and found it would make a great dressing for my salad.
What is a California BLT Salad? For some reason, marketers decided that anything that had avocado in it was automatically called “California”. So, this is a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato salad with Avocado and a creamy, oniony salad dressing. It’s great on a hot day and it comes together quickly.
Please visit Penzey’s and get some of this seasoning. It’s salt-free and has a wonderful onion flavor that compliments a lot of dishes. You could make great garlic bread with it, just add it to the butter and garlic spread.
This salad would go very nicely with a glass of your favorite white wine. If you want to use it as a side or starting salad, it would be fine to accompany burgers, chicken, or other foods coming off your grill. Of course, you don’t have to wait for summer to have Justice salad, you can have it any time you like.
If you purchase any of the products through these affiliate links, I get a few pennies that help keep The Good Plate open. I use these products myself and want you to be able to easily find them.
- 6 slices bacon
For the Dressing
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Pensey’s Justice Seasoning
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 4 basil leaves
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons Pensey’s Justice SeasoningCombine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix them thoroughly. Taste for seasoning. Refrigerate the dressing.
- 1 avocado, 1 head Romaine lettuce, 1 Roma tomato, 1 tablespoon green onionBreak up the leave of lettuce into a nice salad bowl. Spread the green onion on the lettuce. Slice the tomato lengthwise and arrange it on top of the lettuce. Slice the avocado and arrange the slices on top of the lettuce. Put the bacon on top of the lettuce. Pour a little of the dressing over the salad.
- 4 basil leavesChiffonade the basil and sprinkle it over the dressing.
- Serve the salad, then toss and serve with the extra dressing.