Last Updated on December 28, 2019
- An unsought, unintended, and/or unexpected, but fortunate, discovery and/or learning experience that happens by accident
This Turkey Stroganoff was certainly serendipitous. I don’t usually buy the ground breast of turkey because it has such little flavor. But, it was on sale, so I thought why not? How awful could it be? When it was finished it was full of flavor and delicious. It’s quick and easy, perfect for a weeknight when you are tired, coming home from work and hungry for something good and quick.
Let’s Make Turkey Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Shallots in Oil
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- ½ tsp ground shallots
- 2 tsp Sunny Paris
- 1 tsp chicken base
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- ½ pound fettucini noodles
- parsley for garnish
- Put the pasta in a pot of salted water and turn the heat on. This cooks relatively quickly, so the pasta should be done just about at the same time the sauce is done.
- Put the butter and shallots in oil in a saute pan and saute on medium heat until the shallots are translucent. Add the turkey and break it up as it cooks. Add the poultry seasoning, Sunny Paris, and ground shallots and continue sauteing until the turkey is cooked through.
- Mix the chicken base with the water and pour that into the pan with the turkey. Add the frozen peas and cook, stirring occasionally until the peas are heated through.
- Add the cream, sour cream, and parmesan. Taste for seasoning. If needed, you can add more Sunny Paris. Cover and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and put it in a big bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and chop some parsley over for garnish.
Good day! Wow, thanks for something new to do with ground turkey!