Smoked salmon cream cheese is so quick and easy to make with the help of a Braun food processor. You can have this delicious spread for breakfast or as an appetizer at any time.
I happen to really like salmon, and smoked salmon, lox, is my favorite. When my mother would take me with her to the deli, she would sometimes get cream cheese with smoked salmon in it. Every deli made it differently, but they were all good. Of course, when I saw Philadephia Cream Cheese had a smoked salmon flavor, I bought that, too. But, it was not anywhere near as good as the ones we used to get at the deli. I decided it was past time for me to make it myself.
What Kind of Salmon to Use
Usually, I get my smoked salmon from Imperfect Foods, the Imperfect Foods Norwegian Smoked Salmon. It has excellent flavor and a reasonable price. You can get smoked salmon at your local supermarket or you can even smoke your own on the stovetop.
What Kind of Cream Cheese to Use
I’m partial to Philadelphia Cream Cheese in a brick. If you like other brands or prefer Neufchatel cheese, feel free to use those. However, I would not recommend spreadable cream cheese as its consistency may be too thin or have other ingredients not conducive to the recipe.
Mis Rubins’ Fish Magic is exactly what it says it is, magically delicious. It has just enough spice to take this recipe to the next level. I highly recommend all of Mis Rubin’s spices, you can get them individually or all four of them in a bundle.
The other spice I use here is LiteHouse Freeze Dried Dill. This is not the same thing as dried dill weed. Most herbs that have been dried have a concentrated flavor and it’s very different from the fresh form. Freeze-dried herbs are much closer in flavor to fresh herbs. LiteHouse herbs are usually in your grocer’s produce section, but if you cannot find this one, feel free to use the link provided.
If you purchase any of the products through these affiliate links, I get a few pennies that help keep The Good Plate open. I use these products myself and want you to be able to easily find them.
- Mis en place
- 8 ounce Cream cheeseBring the cream cheese to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 1/4 Red onionPut the onion in the food processor and chop it. It should not be too small because it will be processed further.
- 4 ounces Smoked salmon, 8 ounce Cream cheeseAdd the cream cheese and salmon and process that.
- 1/2 teaspoon Mis Rubins Fish Magic, 1 teaspoon LiteHouse Freeze-Dried DillAdd the spices and process.
- Taste to adjust seasonings.
- Remove the spread from the food processor and put it in a serving dish or storage container.
- 1 loaf Barbari BreadServe it with Barbari bread or how you like. Enjoy!