California BLT Justice Salad
I had planned on making a simple California BLT salad for dinner when my package of Justice Seasoning from Penzey’s arrived. I opened the jar to smell it and found it would make a great dressing for my salad.
What is a California BLT Salad? For some reason, marketers decided that anything that had avocado in it was automatically called “California”. So, this is a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato salad with Avocado and a creamy, oniony salad dressing. It’s great on a hot day and it comes together quickly.
Let’s Make California BLT Justice Salad
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Pensey's Justice Seasoning
- Cook the bacon and chop it roughly. Set aside.
- Break up the leave of lettuce into a nice salad bowl. Spread the green onion on the lettuce. Slice the tomato lengthwise and arrange it on top of the lettuce. Slice the avocado and arrange the slices on top of the lettuce. Put the bacon on top of the lettuce. Pour a little of the dressing over the salad.
- Chiffonade the basil and sprinkle it over the dressing.
- Serve the salad, then toss and serve with the extra dressing.