Rules of the Kitchen
- Never hand some the blade end of a knife, scissors or other sharp object.
- If you have to go closely behind someone, it’s a good idea to say “Behind you”. That way, the person is not going to turn around suddenly with a pot of hot food and get it all over you.
- If you are in a crowded situation, and you need to get through, only in an emergency, you can say “Hot Food!” and people will naturally move away from you. Yes, even on the bus.
- If you want to use parts of this blog somewhere else, you may do so, but you must give proper attribution and provide a link to the relevant text.
- If you want to use a recipe for your own use, please feel free. If you want to link to it using a social website, like Facebook, please do. If you want to email a recipe to a friend, please send them a link to the recipe, not the recipe itself. However, if you want to put a recipe in a book, post a review, repost it, put it somewhere else, or put it on another website, then you MUST ask permission by emailing me at email@example.com. In that email, you must give me the URL of the site or page you want to put the recipe on. Once you have received approval, you must give original copyright to The Good Plate and provide a link to the original recipe. Trust me, if I find one of my recipes in a book, or if I have found out you are using a recipe for commercial purposes, you will be sued.
- If you want to use a photo, you must ask for permission. See above.
- If you are in a discussion, please try to stay on topic. In real life, people think you are either rude or crazy, and in Internet life, people brand you as a spammer.
- Never run with a sharp object in your hand. It doesn’t make any difference whether you are two or forty-two, you can still injure yourself.
- If you burn yourself, immediately plunge the affected area in ice. This stops the cooking process. If you are badly burned, do not hesitate to call 911, and keep the area under ice until help arrives.
- Don’t be afraid of new food.
- We don’t have a tip jar, but we wouldn’t sneeze if you got something on the Kitchen Wishes and Cooking Dreams list on Amazon.
[GAN_Image orientation=”vertical” maxads=”1″ width=”336″ height=”280″ ifwidth=”336″ ifheight=”1132″ target=”same”]