Last Updated on September 30, 2019
Country French Chicken Liver Pate
The award for Best Appetizer at the Fil-Am Kiwanis function went to yours truly for the Country French Pâté with Blue Cheese Butter Spread and Cornichons. I didn’t win for my Ultimate Sour Cherry Fudge Cake, but who cares, right? The Oreo truffles won, and they were truly fantastic!
- 1 pound Chicken Livers
- ½ pound Butter
- 2 small Garlic cloves
- ½ Onion
- ⅔ tablespoon Country Style Pate Spice
- ⅓ cup Red wine
- Dry and clean chicken livers. Chop onion and garlic finely. Sweat garlic and onion in a little butter. Set aside. Saute chicken livers. Add onion mixture. Add red wine and pate spice. Let cook down until almost all liquid is reduced. Place mixture in a food processor. Process and let cool. Cream butter separately. Fold in the cooled liver mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- At this point, you can put it into a nice bowl or crock. You can also roll it in wax paper.
- Chill the pate overnight. If you rolled it up, slice it for putting on toast. If you did not roll it up, it is advisable to let it come to just about room temperature before serving.
- Put all ingredients in clean coffee grinder and process. A mortar and pestle will also work.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process. You can roll it or put it into a container at this point. It should be chilled in the refrigerator overnight. If you are going to slice it, do not bring it to room temperature, but if you are going to serve it from a container, then leave it out for a while before serving.