These crepes are inspired by a little restaurant in Hollywood that used to be my local hangout. There are a few different chicken fillings you could use for this. Because I had the ingredients for Chicken with Gorgonzola and Pistachios, I used that, but you could do this with a Mornay sauce, or even a can of Chicken a la King.
YouTube Video for Crepes with Chicken with Blue Cheese and Pistachios
To make the crepes, you will need a crepe pan. They are much flatter than a regular skillet so it’s easier to flip the crepe. I also suggest getting a wooden spatula for flipping because they do a much better job than a traditional spatula, and they will not hurt the pan. Please have a look further down the page to see what products I used and where to get them.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Chicken breasts Boned
- 1 cup Sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Pistachio Nuts
- Have ready your crepe pan, a large bowl, a plate and five or six sheets of waxed or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add salt, milk and the melted butter. Whisk together. Add the flour and stir until there are no lumps. Gradually add the water and stir carefully to combine. Leave it sit for 30-60 minutes on the counter or overnight in the refrigerator.
- When the batter is ready, preheat the pan and put a little bit of oil to prevent sticking. Pour in a ladle of batter, spread it around and wait for it to bubble. When it's bubbling. use the turner to flip the crepe. Let the flipped crepe sit for about 15 seconds, then put it on a plate. Use wax paper between the layers so they won't stick together.
- See the picture below:
- Shell the pistachio nuts. Heat a pan and toast the nuts in it, stirring often to prevent burning. Chop into a coarse chop and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into one-inch pieces and set aside. Put the butter into a saute pan, melt, then add garlic. Saute until translucent, then add mushrooms. Saute mushrooms and add about a tablespoon of white wine. Cook the mushrooms until they brown, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Put more butter into the saute pan, then add chicken pieces. Saute on high heat until they are browned nicely on all sides. Remove from the pan, and deglaze with wine. Cook the wine down, then put the chicken back. Add the cream, and cook down until the cream has thickened. Add half of the nuts, leaving the rest for garnish. Add the cheese at this point. Then add the mushrooms.
- Put some of the chicken and sauce in the middle of each crepe and roll up on each side.
- Put two filled crepes per person. Spoon a little of the sauce over the crepes as well and garnish with parsley.
Products I Used
Note that I do not receive any compensation for these links to Amazon products. I just put them here so it’s easy for you to find them.