Asian Cucumber Salad
Ever since Spane and I went to the Thai Barbecue restaurant, we have loved the spicy cucumber salad that comes with their Satay. I could eat that every day!
I love to try to recreate dishes I have had in restaurants in my home, and have tried a few times to get this one right, but always failed, until I made this one. This is actually really simple. I suggest you peel the cucumber because it’s skin can cause indigestion.
The best tool to use for this is a mandolin slicer. They are available at cooking stores or Amazon. When I cut mine, I used the 5/16 thickness, basically paper-thin. Be sure and use the guard, and be careful!
Let’s Make Asian Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients. Taste to seasoning and add more of anything until it tastes the way you like it.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced cucumbers and toss to combine. Chill until ready to serve.