We love Chinese food in our house, and I frequently make fried rice and Kung Pao Chicken. I thought we would try something different this time around.
I really can’t wait to try this. When I was looking over at Fleishman’s today for my preferred pizza dough recipe, this caught my eye, and I decided we had to have it.
It’s on the Menu
As some of you may know, I make my menu for the month. It makes shopping easier, and I save money doing it. My son likes Asian food, so Monday is our Asian food day, Friday our meatless day, Saturday is burger or dog day, Sunday is a big meal with left overs on Tuesday, Wednesday is International Day, and Thursdays are Breakfast for Dinner. So this recipe actually strands both International and Asian days – maybe we’ll have a little left over on Wednesday!
- 1 1/4 cups flour to 1 3/4
- 1 package Yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water (120 to 130F)*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 oz ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped water chestnuts drained
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped, fresh
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (4 ounces) shredded
- 2 green onions sliced diagonally
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oils; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest while preparing toppings.
- Combine ground pork, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic until thoroughly combined. Cook seasoned pork in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from skillet; place on paper towel lined plate to cool. Crumble.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread dough with chili sauce and sprinkle with sesame oil. Top with cooked pork, garlic, bell pepper, water chestnuts, spinach, cilantro and cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions.