Recipes in This Post
A few days ago, someone gave me a large container of heavy cream. As much as I like desserts, I really wanted to make a cream sauce with wine for chicken. It’s one of my favorite dishes.
This recipe was even more fun to do because Spane helped me make a video, and The Good Plate now has its own channel on Youtube. Maybe I can get a lot of subscribers and make some money, that would be nice, wouldn’t it? Well, if you like the video, please subscribe to the channel and watch for more cooking videos in the future.
Chicken with Wine Cream Sauce Video
- 1 Chicken breast, thinly sliced and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Shallots in Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Base
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/8 cup sliced mushrooms (bottled are fine)
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Heat a large pan and put in the butter and olive oil. Swirl the pan so that it is evenly coated.
- Add the chicken pieces, but do not overcrowd. Do it in batches. Cook until one side had browned, then flip and brown the other side.
- When all the pieces have been browned, remove them to a plate and set aside. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until they are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Combine the hot water and chicken base. Deglaze the pan with that.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add the wine and cream.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes and add the parsley and mushrooms.
- Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Plate with noodles and vegetables.