I usually buy Polska Kielbasa to make Jambalaya, but I didn’t feel like making that. I wanted something simpler so I looked in my refrigerator and found cabbage and sweet bell peppers. I also had a can of white cannellini beans in my pantry. It sounded like a winning recipe, so I got started.
This makes a mild tasting one pot stir-fry dish. If you want to add some pizzaz to it, provide some hot sauce. It’s a very healthy dish, and of course, you could substitute other sausages, like German or Italian.
- 1 Polska Kielbasa, cut into 2 inch slices
- Olive Oil
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1 can cannellini beans (White beans), drained
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Sour cream
- Put a little olive oil and a pat of butter into a large pan. Let the butter completely melt before adding the cabbage, onion and bell pepper. Saute until the onion has become translucent, then reduce the heat and cover. Cook about 5 minutes and check that the cabbage is tender. Add the sausage and beans, Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until all is heated through.
- Serve with a dollop or sour cream and a dusting of paprika. Enjoy!