I recently bought a mandoline, and now I have to justify its existence, especially since I don’t like using the guard and I managed to slice off the top of my finger! No matter these are worth it!
Skillet Baked Sliced Potatoes
Author: Adrienne Boswell
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 servings
You won't believe how good this smells in the oven!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Shallots in Oil
- Slice the potatoes thinly with a mandolin. Put them in a bowl of water whist heating your pan and preheating the oven to 350°.
- Heat a cast iron or oven proof skillet on the stove top. Put a tablespoon of the better in the pan and swirl it around to completely coat the pan.
- Drain the potatoes and dry them off with a towel to remove excess water.
- Put a layer of potatoes in the prepared pan. Turn off the heat. Cut up another tablespoon of the butter and put it on the layer of potatoes. Cover with the remaining potatoes.
- Put the rest of the butter in a small pan and melt it with the Shallots in Oil.
- Sprinkle salt and paprika on the potatoes, then drizzle the butter mixture over all.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Enjoy!