So, Friday, I bought asparagus and didn’t use it. Saturday was the 4th of July, and asparagus just didn’t seem to want to go with Nesco ribs, potato salad, and beans. They are much too delicate and cultured a vegetable for that, although, if I were able to grill in Glendale, they would do nicely there as well.
This is a very easy dish to throw together, and makes a nice Sunday meal. It’s quite filling, and goes nicely with a light salad.
Recipe: Fettuccine with Sauteed Chicken and Asparagus
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast strips
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 package fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Parmesan cheese as desired
- Cut off the bottoms off the asparagus spears and save them for making stock. Melt the butter in a saute pan, and use a garlic press to put the garlic into the same pan. Saute the garlic only until it has turned translucent, don’t let it brown.
- Add the chicken strips and saute until they have started to brown. Sprinkle with the seasoning, stir and remove to a plate. Set aside. Set the pan with the drippings aside, you will need them for the sauce.
- Start the water boiling for the pasta. Add salt to the water.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta. Cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the asparagus just until done, 3 minutes in the microwave, or 3 minutes steamed. Do not boil!
- Put the pan with the drippings on a low flame and add the sour cream. Add the chicken to the pan, and the asparagus.
- Put the pasta in a large pasta bowl, or the pasta pot. Add the sauce mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve with Parmesan.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
Copyright © The Good Plate.
Recipe by Adrienne Boswell.
Microformatting by hRecipe.