Go Green for Saint Patrick’s Day Recipes
Going Green for Saint Patrick’s Day does not mean putting green food coloring in beer and calling it a day. There are so many more creative ways of eating green food, and no, it’s not all vegetables!
- Fresh Basil and Pine Nut Pesto
- Spring is here and basil is in abundance. There is nothing like the flavor of pesto made with real pine nuts, good olive oil, good Parmesan and fresh basil. This will keep in your refrigerator for quite a while, if you even manage to have any left.
- Avocado Fries
- Oh my goodness! You don’t know what you are missing. Avocado fries are just the best little bites of heaven. Use avocados that are almost ripe, because frying them softens them up a bit.
- Hot Tin Roof Salad
- It looks impressive, and it is impressive. The Hot Tin Roof Salad is a composed salad that makes a complete meal with a nice glass of your favorite wine.
- Here’s what I have to say about guacamole. Please don’t put garlic in it! Garlic has strong flavor that hides the delicate taste of the avocado. Don’t put a can of peas in to stretch it – people can tell they are eating peas! Since you are adding onions, cilantro, chili pepper and tomato, you don’t have to use Haas avocados. Try one of the other avocado varieties, like Fuentes.
- “Snake” Pie
- Please, please, there is NO snake in snake pie! It’s actually any kind of pie you want to make, with the top crust cut out in shamrocks and the sides shaped into a snake.
- Kiwi Lime Cupcakes
- Have you seen these on Pinterest? I’ll bet you have. I made these for Spane’s 3rd grade class, and they were quite the hit.
- Veggie Potato Bake
- Need to feed quite a few folks? This recipe for Veggie Potato Bake can feed a lot of people depending on how much you make. Enjoy!
- Poached Salmon Cactus Tacos
- No, the tortillas are not dyed green, they are made from cactus, and you can find them in some Hispanic markets, or believe it or not, the 99 Cents Only stores.
- I make this famous Irish dish a lot. What’s not to like? Everyone loves mashed potatoes, add some sautéed cabbage to be healthy, green onions for flavor, and some white cheddar to make it special!