I don’t usually write about products, but I want to write about this one. For years, I have been trying to find a really good shopping list application. BigOven, while a good recipe application, did not thrill me with its shopping list. This one does all that and more! You can get Out of Milk at their website or the Google Play Store.
Once you have the app, you can get The Good Plate’s Pantry list, and so you won’t have to write it down or print it. Yeah!
How much does it cost? Probably the best part is that Out of Milk is free, that’s right free. You can upgrade it for a mere $1.99 and get a few extras, like themes, and clicks. However, the free version is just fine.
Where does Out of Milk run? Well, it’s an Android application that runs on your phone or tablet. Mine is running on my Nook tablet, and has saved my bacon a few times. It keeps its data in the cloud, so if something happens to your device, you don’t lose your information.
What does Out of Milk do?
- Out of Milk lets you make shopping lists, with a shopping history, categories, price, quantity, and even a bar code scanner. When you put in prices, the total shows at the bottom, and as you check things off, the price reduces, so you know how much you are spending and not go over budget.
- The best feature, for me, is a pantry list, so I can move things from the Pantry to the Shopping List when they run out, and then move them back from the Shopping List to the Pantry when I get home. Now I know whether I have something in the house already, and don’t buy things I don’t need. I am saving money!
- To Do List is great because it will remind you to do things, so you can organize your projects. When I made Apple Napkin Rings and Easter Centerpieces, I used the To Do List to keep track of what I needed to do.
- You are not limited to just one shopping list, pantry list, or to do list. You can make as many as you want, what ever will fit your needs.
- You can sync your list on the Web and administer them from there. You can import a list from another program and sync it to your device, or you can export list to use with another program.
- There is an email feature so you can tell someone else what you need, send the list to your partner who is going to the store, etc.
- Coupons? Did I say coupons? Yes, I did. You can find coupons from local stores for the things you buy.
- There probably more features that I don’t even know about, and more in the future as the nice folks at Out of Milk are always busy improving it.
So, there you have it. This is probably the best software I have come across in a long time. Just download it and enjoy!