It’s summer time, and if you live in the Northern Hemisphere your kitchen is probably hot. Even if you have air conditioning, do you really want to heat up your oven just to make a cake? Just because you saw some wonderfully decorated cake, and you really want to try your hand at it? Because you can’t stop rolling fondant, or making butter cream?
Fear no more! You can still get your cake jollies in the summer time with a no bake cake! What’s that you say, a no bake cake?! Yes, that’s right – a no hassle, no oven, no batter, no bake cake.
No, this is not the same thing as going out and buying a pre-baked cake, and decorating it yourself. Those still have to be cut if you want to add filling, and they get crumbs every where.
If you live near a Jon’s market, or near a Polish area, you can find Wafel Torte. These a large wafers about the size of a large dinner plate, and there are five to a package. They also come in rectangular but I have not been able to find them.
Wafle Torte Cake
— Cake —
- 5 Wafle Torte Layers (1 package)
- 1 can Dulche de leche
- 1 jar Nutella
- 1 stick Sweet butter
- 1 box Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
— Topping —
- 12 Blueberries
- Get a large cutting board and put one of the wafers on it. Spread with the dulche de leche, top with another later, and spread that with Nutella. Alternate spreading the layers with dulce de leche and nutella. Put in the refrigerator with a plate on top to weigh the cake down for at least an hour. While you are waiting, let the butter get soft, then cream it with the vanilla and almond extract. Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat until you have a nice frosting.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator. Have a large plate ready, and put four pieces of wax paper to catch the drippings while you are frosting the cake,
- Frost the cake, top and sides, then put blueberries around the top, one for each person.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
This cake is best eaten without a fork, just pick up the piece like you would a large water cookie and bite into it.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Copyright © The Good Plate – Adrienne Boswell.
Recipe by Adrienne Boswell.